On our website you can book a train ticket online. It is an easy and secure way to get a ticket for a preferable destination. However, there are different types of train tickets, and they should be issued differently.
Please, pay attention to the information below, which will help you to book and use your ticket properly.
- E-ticket (electronic ticket)
This ticket has an electronic registration – it means that a ticket which you receive by e-mail is already valid; a passenger should just print it and show on boarding with the passport. It is also allowed to show your ticket by mobile phone, however, we strongly suggest printing a ticket out.
E-ticket is the most popular and the most suitable, so if you have several options, we recommend you to select those trains which support electronic check-in. They are marked on our website with a blue “E-registration” sign.
Routes with electronic registration:
• Most of the Russian interurban trains
• Most of the international routes (Austria, Belarus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Finland, Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Poland)
- E-ticket without electronic registration
This ticket can be also received by e-mail, but you need to get also a boarding pass at the train station before getting on your train. You can use either a self-service terminal or a cash-desk at the train station to obtain a boarding pass, for this you need a 14-digit number of your e-ticket and your passport.
Routes without electronic registration:
• Trains between Russia and Uzbekistan and some trains between Russia and Ukraine
• Some trains within Russia (very rare)
Please, note: you can obtain a boarding pass only on the territory of Russian Federation!
Thus, if your train to Russia does not support an electronic registration, we can provide you with a boarding pass obtained at the train station in Russia (extra charge for delivery is accepted).
Instruction how to obtain a boarding pass at a self-service terminal:
1. On the screen select the option «Print prepaid tickets»
2. Use the bar code scanner to enter a booking number or enter it manually (14 digits)
3. Enter a passport number of one passenger. If your order includes several tickets, you will receive all of them.
4. After filling the data, press “request”, then you may check the details of your ticket. Finally press “print out” and take a boarding pass.
- Paper ticket
Some of the international routes do not support electronic tickets - for them you need to have a paper ticket. This paper ticket can be delivered to your address (with an extra fee), to your hotel (if you come to Russia at least 1 business day before your train departure) or you can pick it up at our offices in Moscow or St. Petersburg. To get on the train the passenger should have a passport and an original paper ticket (not a copy). Please, notice that a paper ticket cannot be reissued.
Routes with paper tickets required:
• Trains between Russia and China
• Trains between Russia and Mongolia